Thursday, May 08, 2008

My hair (9 inches!)




Last year I saw Hilary Swank on Oprah and she inspired me to do something crazy...cut my hair off!! So I went in last December and had my hair stylist cut off over 9 inches of my hair, but I didn't stop there, I had her dye it dark brown too! It was so not me to do something so drastic, but I told myself, it's just hair and it will grow back!

So I just now finally got around to mailing my hair in to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths, who uses the donated hair to create free wigs for women who have lost their hair from cancer treatments. It was so exciting to be a part of something like that! I am so thankful for my family's health and mine and it felt like something simple I could do to help someone else out. Here's the link for anyone who's interested!

No comments: